Sunday, May 20, 2012

05-16-12 The beginning

I ordered a Canon 400mm f5.6 L lens and it came today.  I didn't have much time because I have "homework" to do for my Six Sigma Green Belt class, but I had to get out to the park and try out the new lens.  As I left the house my kids were shouting at me, "Homework first, Dad!"
Do as I say, not as I do.  Does that still work?

Red-winged Blackbirds are fairly approachable and easy to find so they are a good candidate to make it into my final ten images.  The challenge in photographing them is getting a good exposure.  In this case I wish the bird was lighter, showing more details.  On the other hand the sky and leaves are already too light.  (Rockwood State Park, Morrison, IL)


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Exposure in full sun is so tough, especially when you're dealing with a dark subject. Love the open little beak. They're much more endearing in your photos than they are when they dive-bomb me on my runs.

    ReplyDelete