Sunday, August 5, 2012

08-05-12 Black-Capped Chickadee

I struggle with my perch set-ups trying to find good light and a good background.  I have solved some of the background problems by setting up lower perches and shooting down on them so the background is the actual ground behind the perch instead of a far off tree.  My current set-up gets about an hour of direct sun starting at about 7:15am.  Today I caught this cardinal during that time but I think the direct sun is actually a bit harsh.


After the direct light goes away, I have to lower my shutter speed which isn't the best idea because these little birds never stop moving.  I don't mind the soft light of open shade but it lacks the pop of direct sun.  Here is a black-capped chickadee taken only a few minutes after the cardinal above, but in totally different light.



No comments:

Post a Comment