Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's been awhile

I have other hobbies in addition to photography and one of them is running, but I haven't been able to run much this year. I had knee surgery in February and about the time I was recovered from that, I developed sciatica.  The recent dry spell in posts to this site is because I have shifted my focus to running again.

A couple things caused that.  First, I was in downtown Chicago with my wife and another couple on the 21st and 22nd.  I got up before everyone else on Sunday and went to get some coffee only to find that the Chicago Rock and Roll half marathon was going on.  Seeing thousands of people run down Michigan Avenue made me miss being in shape to participate in an event like this.  The following weekend was the Bix7, and event I had planned to run until the sciatica hit.  Watching the Bix on TV was another big push for me.

So I'm back to running which cuts into photography time but I haven't given up on the birds.  I'll find a way to make time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment